Photo by Leshawn Gopee
So it’s July/August vacations or summer summertime again and as always we’re going to run out of things to do. To help you out I’ve made a list of fool proof ideas to keep you occupied for the entire vacation
1. Go to the beach – this is an obvious one and also a fail safe. You’re bound to have a good time at the beach whether you’re swimming, lounging on the shore, eating or just taking pictures. Find a group of friends or family and head to the beach.
2. Try something new – trying something new can be a great way to broaden your horizons and even experience new cultures. Try a new food, activity or sport. I’m determined to try ziplining at some point in time.
3. Go on a date – these are always a good time, be it with a friend, significant other, or even a family member. Treat someone you love to anything from a picnic to a shopping day to dinner and a movie.
4. Read a book – reading is the best way of keeping yourself and your imagination occupied. Get wrapped up in an entirely new world of your own creation. Next on my reading list is Fahrenheit 451.
5. Netflix – where would we be if we didn’t have a good series to binge watch on a lazy day? Brooklyn 99 is absolutely hilarious, I’d also recommend Fargo if you’re into crime shows and WestWorld if you like scifi.
6. Learn something – if you’re like me and you have a few months off, why not put your time to some good use and learn something new? I’ve decided to give my time to learning a bit of French using the free app Duolingo.
7. Be a tourist in your own country – getting to know your own home gives you so much more pride and appreciation for it. Go visit the heritage sites, parks beaches, anything you’ve never been too. If you’re from north Trinidad try passing the lighthouse nah?
8. Go environmentally conscious – now more than ever an abundance of tips and products to help you become more eco friendly exist so why not try implementing some while you have time? I’ve started using bamboo toothbrushes, stopped grocery shopping with plastic bags and plan on adding recycling bins to my house soon.